WE ARE THE FIRST TURKISH UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL GRANTED WITH JCI ACCREDITATION CERTIFICATE!
In Hacettepe University Hospitals, quality and patient safety are regarded as the most important issues within the organizational priorities. Our hospitals have been using the set of accreditation standards of Joint Commission International (JCI), which is regarded as one of the most respected and prestigious worldwide organizations, as a set of instruments.
The activities towards JCI accreditation at our hospitals, in which were initiated in 2004, were finalized when Adult Hospital was granted accreditation by JCI, in 2007. Our Adult Hospital is the first Turkish public and university hospital that has achieved accreditation by JCI. As a result of the aim of providing high quality service at the same level at all of our hospitals, İhsan Doğramacı Children's Hospital and Oncology Hospital have achieved accreditation by JCI in 2011. In 2013, JCI put into effect a separate set of standards for the institutions which carry out medical education activities and human subjects research programs. Our hospitals were re-accredited in 2014 by JCI in the scope of these standards and again our hospitals was the first Turkish public and university hospital that achieved re-accreditation within these new standards. In January 2018, our Adult Hospital, İhsan Doğramacı Children's Hospital and Oncology Hospital were re-accredited by the JCI standards (Version 6) which were put into effect in 2017 and succeeded to be reaccredited for the fourth times by JCI until 2021. Hacettepe University Hospitals still keep its title as “the only public university hospital” accredited by JCI.
JCI accreditation provides significant advantages to our institution. These advantages can be listed as follows:
- Particular importance is attached to patient safety and quality of care at our hospitals; thus social trust has been provided,
- It enhances personnel satisfaction by providing a safe and efficient working environment,
- Data is collected on care quality and analysis of these data gives improvement opportunities to our institution,
- The opinions of patients and their relatives are sought, their rights are respected their participation in caring process is ensured,
- Based on the principle of timely notification of unexpected (adverse) events and security concerns, it creates a culture which is open to learning lessons from these feedbacks,
- It creates a collaborative leadership which sets priorities, and offers a continuous leadership for all levels of quality and patient safety.